They've been serving up chicken burgers throughout the lockdown (we've had more than a few from the Islington CHIK'N) and now David Wolanski and Carl Clarke's Chick 'n' Sours is getting into the meal kit game.
They've created the "All in" (£50) to recreate the whole Chick n' Sours eating in experience, with the kit featuring:
- 2 chicken sandwiches (choice of K-Pop or The General or mixed)
- 4 kung pao wings – soy, oyster sauce and garlic glaze with fried and pickled chillies
- 4 hot wings – the OG Chick n Sours hot wing sauce. Sweet, spicy, and vinegary
- 4 tenders, with seaweed crack
- House-made dips – Gochujang mayo, sriracha sour cream, house ‘Kewpie’
- Watermelon salad, coriander, mint & chilli
- Green ‘slaw – white cabbage and spring greens with pickled ginger and white miso
- Bang bang cucumbers – smacked and salted cucumber with a dark soy, blackjack vinegar, peanut, chilli, and sesame dressing
So that's the Chick part - but there's also an option for a Sours addon too (£25 extra). That includes two serves each of:
- Chick ‘n’ Club #3 – Gin, crème de mure, raspberry shrub, black currant leaf
- The Mexinese – Tequila, pandan leaf, ginger & lime
There's no Szechuan Aubergine alas (an obsession of ours )- but you have to leave something to look forward to having at the restaurant when you're able to go back.
In the meantime, if you fancy trying your hand at one of Carl Clarke's chicken recipes - how about Doritos-coated chicken schnitzel?
More about the Chick n' Sours meal kit
When? Order by Sunday for delivery the following Friday
Delivery range: Nationwide
How to order: Order online
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @chicknsours.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners