Great British Menu's Andi Oliver is getting ready to deliver. This time she's teaming up with The Crooked Billet in Clapton to launch Wadadli Kitchen and it's all about Caribbean food. Here's how they describe it:
Andi's Wadadli Kitchen is real Caribbean home cooking. Food from the heart of all the islands, from Antigua to St Lucia, Cuba to Jamaica, Martinique to Guyana. The influences are broad and exciting, packed full of flavour and deep-rolling spices.
We have to say - that menu is looking pretty great. Here's a taster:
- Wadadli Corn on Cob - topped with toasted coconut, coconut cream, green chilli & lime butter
- Orange & ginger sticky wings - caramelised in fiery orange & ginger chilli finishing syrup
- Fritter of the day - served with mango chilli chow
- Tamarind & smoked chilli BBQ chicken thigh (or tofu) - slow-cooked & glazed with tamarind & smoked chilli BBQ sauce
- Wadadli spiced Cubano pork belly - marinated in citrus spices and herbs & slow-cooked overnight.
- Scotch bonnet salt fries - seasoned with dehydrated scotch bonnets blitzed into a powder combined with sea salt flakes
- Wadadli chow - Seasonal fruit BBQ’d and combined with fragrant fiery chilli
- Stout & chocolate pudding & cream
- Tres leches bread and butter pudding & rum caramel
And on the side of that, there's their own Wadadli Orange Grove Pale Ale and Andi's rum punch.
More about Andi's Wadadli Kitchen
Where is it? 84 Upper Clapton Rd, Clapton, London E5 9JP
When does it start? 5 June 2020
How to order: On the Crooked Billet website.
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @andis_wadadli_kitchen.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners