Fancy getting some Portuguese tapas in? Well, the excellent Bar Douro have just reopened to help you with that.
From Friday they're returning, kicking off with delivery on Deliveroo. The menu will be similar to the restaurants, with sections for Petiscos (snacks), Horta (garden), Mar (sea) and Terra (land). Here's a taster of what to expect:
- Croquetes de alheira made with smoked Portuguese sausage
- Pata Negra ham from the Alentejo
- Empada de berinjela, aubergine puff pastry pie (new to the menu)
- Heritage tomatoes with a white port vinaigrette
- Butter beans with chard and cured egg yolk.
- Bacalhau com natas, a creamier version of their Bacalhau à Brás baked in the oven
- Gambas à la guilho topped with chives
- Grilled octopus with blistered peppers and onions
- Piri Piri chicken sandwich with blistered peppers
- Black pig cheeks with cauliflower and kale migas.
Wine is a big deal for Bar Douro too - so you can expect a decent selection online too as well as craft beer and a DIY Churchill’s White Port and Fever-Tree tonic with orange peel and mint. And yes, there will be pastel de nata (aka Portuguese custard tarts). A meal at bar Douro wouldn't be the same if it didn't end with them.
More about Bar Douro
Where is it? 35B, Arch, 85B Southwark Bridge Rd, London SE1 0NQ
When does it start? 22 May, then Weds - Sunday
How to order: Via Deliveroo (link TBC)
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @bardouro.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners