What: London Stock
In a nutshell: British fine dining meets Asian techniques in Wandsworth
Summing it all up: This new Wandsworth restaurant opened quietly, serving up a British/Asian menu in the new Ram Quarter development (where the Youngs Brewery used to be).
Opening somewhat under the radar a couple of weeks back, London Stock is a brand new restaurant for Wandsworth that's just opened in the Ram Quarter development (where the Youngs Brewery used to be). It's headed up by Cordon Bleu trained Assem Abdel Hady and Andres Bernal and matches modern British fine dining with Asian cooking techniques. In practice, that means dishes like those on their seven-course tasting menu (for a good-value £45):
- Crab - Focaccia, crab bisque, lemon purée, sourdough tuile
- Quail - Onion purée, cured beetroot Cauliflower Garlic and beetroot purée
- Wild seabass - Broccoli, broccoli purée, pickled turnips, radicchio tardivo, dried shiso
- Pork belly - British kimchi, swede, swede purée
- Yuzu - Delica squash, shiso, hazelnut praline
- Barley - Malt and miso soufflé, Sambrook’s Imperial stout ice cream
Alternatively, there's a £25 three-course set menu including "Scotch Egg with crispy leeks, wasabi mayonnaise" and "Miso cod with Beetroot puree, swiss chard, beurre noisette, lemon".
To be frank, that menu looks pretty impressive and Wandsworth could well have a winner on its hands. If you've already been, let us know in the comments below.
More about London Stock
Where is it? 2 Bubbling Well Square, Ram Quarter, London SW18 1UQ
When does it open? Open now
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners