In a nutshell: Hoxton professional/student restaurant
Summing it all up: This Hoxton restaurant is manned by a team of both professional and student chefs, with a view of helping new people into the hospitality business. They'll be serving up an all-day modern European menu.
The next restaurant from Des McDonald Associates (who most recently launched Tish in Belsize Park) is a team-up with New City College Hackney, replacing the former Open Kitchen (and open to all).
It's being designed to "connect promising student chefs with like-minded professionals and open up New City College Hackney to inspirational opportunities in the hospitality world". So they'll have some students in the team who they'll be hoping to give a boost as they enter the hospitality business.
As for the food, it will be
- Flatbreads with flat-iron chicken, 24-hour onions and Marmite butter (£7)
- Spiced squash hummus, whipped buffalo ricotta and pumpkin seed dishes (£6)
- Suffolk bacon chop with fried egg and devilled sauce (£15)
- Sides that include chicken-salt chips (£3) and charred broccoli with anchovy and pine nuts (£4).
- East-End honey parfait, raspberries and toasted oats (£5)
- Butlers gin-sour doughnuts (£4)
- Chocolate Eton Mess sundaes.
The drink list will feature craft cocktails (including low-alcohol versions) and it sounds like it'll be a handy place for summer with a terrace that overlooks the college gardens.
More about OKN1
Where is it? 40 Hoxton St, Hackney, London N1 6LR
When does it open? 19 June 2019
Launch info: Soft launch 19-30 June, 50% off food (eat-in only)
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners