So this sounds like a must-have ticket come the summer. Take an iconic London building (in this case the Serpentine Sackler gallery), set up a huge outside table and invite some of London's best chefs to turn up and cook an amazing alfresco feast.
That's the plan for a series of dinners at the late Zaha Hadid-designed Magazine restaurant. The Park Table will be one long curving table seating 50 diners. The organisers were inspired by the American Oustanding in the Field events which sees amazing dinners taking place in glorious outside settings across the US each summer.
Kicking off in June, names confirmed so far include:
- 3 June: Tiago Duarte, Pachamama
- 10 June: Will Bowlby (Kricket)
- 24 June: Merlin Labron-Johnson (Portland)
- 1 July: Freddy Money (Paco Roncero, El Bulli)
- 15 July: Neil Rankin (author of Low & Slow)
- 22 July: Sebastian Myers (Sager + Wilde Paradise Row)
- 29 July: Robin Gill (The Dairy)
- 19 August: Brad McDonald (The Lockhart, Shotgun)
Each chef will create a four-course summer sharing menu and will be helped by trainee chefs from the Café from Crisis, a social enterprise training space. The dinners will cost £50 per person including a glass of Laurent Perrier Brut NV Champagne. In addition there'll be Chase cocktails inspired by the different cuisines and chefs available alongside classic cocktails. All profits will go to Crisis, the UK homeless charity.
The Park Table launches on 3 June 2016 at The Magazine Restaurant, Serpentine Sackler Gallery, W Carriage Dr, Kensington Gardens, London W2 2AR. To book a seat, please call 020 7339 3064 or email events@magazine- restaurant.co.uk