[Update - these events are on all this week]
It's been no secret that Peruvian cuisine is touted as this year's Big Thing so it's not a bad time for London to celebrate Peru's national Ceviche day (June 28).
Martin Morales, the man behind the Soho hit Ceviche will be holding a week-long series of events to celebrate the marinated fish dish. There'll be events at his restaurant, at Taste of London and at Shoreditch House - so plenty of opportunity to try ceviche for yourself.
The full list of events is as follows:
- 23rd and 24th June: Ceviche appear at Taste of London in the Peru pavilion with a ceviche demo and ceviche available for all with Martin Morales and Head Chef Gregor Funcke
- 25th to 27th June: Lunchtime masterclasses with Ceviche Head Chef Gregor Funcke
- 27th June, 7pm: Ceviche Workshop: How to Make the Best Ceviche in the World, at Shoreditch House
- 28th June: Dia del Ceviche, free demonstration for all at Ceviche’s street entrance.
- 29th June: Special Amazon Paiche Fish Ceviche Day at Ceviche in Soho. It’s the first time Londoners will be able to try ceviche made with Peru’s Black Cod (Paiche).
- 30th June: London Ceviche Week 2012 closing event: Tiger's Milk Cocktail Party. Free Tiger’s Milk, music and fun.
Booking for the events will be made available on the Ceviche website closer to the time.
Photo by Paul WF