Update 26/7/16 - new dates added
There's a new pop-up Malaysian restaurant that's about to hit Kentish Town, setting up shop in the Tolli Cafe. Called Laksa Kitchen, the menu obviously revolves around Laksa - but with more dishes besides. So you can expect:
- Cucur udang: Prawn fritters in light spiced batter with turmeric, Chinese chives, beansprouts and homemade chilli dipping sauce.
- Pork and taro loh bak: Belly pork and taro wrapped tofu skin spring rolls, deep fried and served with homemade chilli dip.
- Sarawak laksa chicken and prawn: Shredded chicken and prawns, rice vermicelli noodles, beansprouts, omelette strips in a spiced, savoury broth made with chicken & prawn stock. Served with Malay Calamansi lime and chilli paste.
- Seafood curry laksa: Mixed egg & rice vermicelli noodles, beansprouts, soft boiled egg, seafood in a rich and spicy coconut broth.
- Hainan chicken rice: Poached chicken slices on rice cooked in chicken stock, served with cucumber, chicken broth and traditional red chilli and spring onion condiments.
The whole pop-up was devised from a trip across Malaysia with the aim to bring back the perfect laksa to London. So if you've been in search of that yourself, this could be the place to try.