Fitzrovia world food restaurant Foley’s is set to be John Lewis’s next residency, neatly knitting together the two biggest trends of the summer so far: tacos and department store rooftops.
Operating out of their rooftop installation, The Gardening Society, they’ll be cooking up a special menu focusing mainly on tacos with an international twist, made with ingredients like Korean BBQ, Goan crab and even sweet panna cotta, playing rather fast and loose with what most would consider to traditionally constitute a 'taco'.
The full list of tacos on offer is:
- Burnt Chicken Ends - Korean BBQ, spring onions, sesame seeds
- Spiced Sweet Potato Fritters - Grilled pineapple, cured red onions, saffron coconut curry
- Goan Crab Taco - Crab salad, crab bisque, crispy shallots, dill
- Slow Cooked Octopus Taco - Black sesame mayo, spicy pork mince, bok choy, housemade sriracha
- Sticky Beef Taco - Avocado lime puree, daikon and cucumber somtam
- Pork Belly Taco - Tamarind BBQ, swede vermicelli, apple, buttermilk, cashews
There’ll also be Foley’s ‘Bits & Bobs’, aka small plates with international delicacies from chicharron to tater tots, and a dessert option of coconut panna cotta.
A cocktail menu’s been concocted especially for the pop-up courtesy of Background Bars, which includes drinks like the Green Society with Havana Club 3YO rum, Escubac and matcha green tea sugar and mint from the rooftop, or the Rosy Rose with Olmeca Altos Plata tequila, Grand Marnier, grapefruit and rosemary.
When: Mid-June (until the end of July)
Where: The Gardening Society, The Rooftop, 300 Oxford St, London W1C 1DX
How to book: On the John Lewis website