Looking for something with a little more panache when you take to the skies for a holiday? And have a sweet tooth? Then Eric Lanlard may have something for you. The pastry chef has joined up with Virgin Atlantic to launch afternoon tea in their Clubhouses - and then on board.
First up - the Clubhouses. it kicks off this month in Heathrow and includes:
- Prosciutto, sunblushed tomato and rocket on a stone baked Campagne brown roll
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese and dill mint mini croissant
- Broccoli, goat’s cheese and cress savoury tart
- Homemade plain and sultana scones with strawberry preserve, lemon and clotted cream
- Eton mess verrine with strawberry coulis
- Apple and blackberry cake
- Dark chocolate brownie with salted caramel sauce
And of course you can pair that with Lanson rose champagne (or a pot of tea if you must).
Then, later in the summer - the afternoon tea will hit the skies. And then it's not just for Upper Class - but all cabins will get an Eric Lanlard afternoon tea - if you're flight is airborne in the afternoon, of course. That'll have handmade sandwiches, scones and an assortment of macarons.
For more info - see the Virgin Atlantic website.