A new restaurant and wine bar, C'Alice in coming to Fulham next month. If you, like us, were wondering just how to pronounce that, it's "Kah-Lee-Che" - a mix of the Italian for chalice and one of the owners' names - Alice Ravelli and Giovanni Di Stefano.
Here's what else we know:
It'll be serving Italian food. As the owners come from the north and south of Italy respectively, the menu will reflect that. So it includes:
- Capesante al Pompelo (pan-fried scallops in grapefruit juice)
- Il Tagliere / I fromaggi di C’Alice (C’Alice’s selection of cold cuts or cheeses)
- Tagliolni dello chef, al cartoccio con frutti di mare (‘al catoccio’ tagliolini with seafood);
- Salmone special dello chef in crosta di papavero (poppy seed roasted salmon served in a sweet beetroot puree with sautéed asparagus)
- Tonno as pistachio di Bronte (fresh tuna steak in Sicillian Bronte pistachio crust)
Plus traditional homemade Tiramisu and Italian ice creams for dessert.
And the wine will also focus on Italy. They'll have quality producers (Gaja, Sassicaia, Tignanello), Sicilian (Donnafugata, Tasca d'Almerita, and others) and Sparkling Franciacorta (Ca' del Bosco). And they'll be doing wine tastings.
As for the look of the place, expect a bespoke Italian feel designer by Alice, who has been a fashion designer.
C'Alice is open at Munster Road London, SW6 6BA. For more, follow them on Twitter @C_AliceResto