Updated 7/2/17 with more new openings
So this is actually happening. If you've lived in London as long as we have, there have been SO many ambitious plans put forward for Battersea Power Station that haven't made it off the drawing board.
But now the regeneration of one of the city's most iconic landmarks is properly underway and we've just got word on what's being planned, food and drink wise, in the first stage of the development. Circus West Village is being planned around a village theme - expect to find everything from butcher and baker to restaurants and even a florist.
- Mother - Italian pizza restaurant from Copenhagen
- Wright Brothers - a new riverside seafood restaurant
- Dodd’s Gin - a distillery for the award-winning organic gin
- Ben’s Canteen - a new branch of the neighbourhood hangout specialising in burgers, wine and brunch
- Duckroad - a sister restaurant to Soho’s Ducksoup and Rawduck in London Fields
- Pedler Cru: Billed as a neighbourhood spot with a daily changing menu
- Vagabond: Wine Shop and Wine Bar
- Allens of Battersea butcher (which will also be offering butchery courses)
- Flour Power City Bakery: Bakery and Café
- The Coffeeworks Project (which currently has branches in Angel, Leadenhall and Blackfriars)
- The General Store - a top drawer general store and deli which will be "run by foodies passionate about the best in class produce
- No29: A modern pub/bar/all day restaurant run by Darwin and Wallace, who currently run The Ebury in Victoria and No32 in Clapham