If you’ve been having NYC-comfort-food cravings and fearing the worst since Dirty Bones restaurant vacated the top floor of Carnaby’s Kingly Court, worry no more. Bigger things are on the way for Dirty Bones, and rest assured they’ll still have a spot in Soho’s favourite foodie courtyard.
The new flagship Dirty Bones site opens in October and this time it fits 140 guests across two levels for some much-missed indulgent treats alongside old-school hip-hop beats (slipped into some overexcited rhyming there, sorry). You can choose from indoor or outdoor seating, and there’s also a basement available for private parties and gigs. If you’re unfamiliar with Dirty Bones’ repertoire or yet to visit one of its five sites across London and Oxford, tunes are very much part of the scene. You get DJs every Friday and Saturday nights, and the restaurant group are big champions of the live music scene (and doesn’t that need to be resuscitated), supporting the charity Youth Music UK.
But back to the food. And Dirty Bones is also back with something brand new and exclusive to this venue. They’re calling it a ‘Reverse Truffle Cheeseburger’. And if you’re humming a certain Missy Elliot tune (put your thang down, flip it and reverse it; you know the one), that’s where the inspiration comes from. We’re picturing some kind of deconstructed mess of gooey, meaty delight but they tell us it’s their Classic burger (double brisket and dry-aged steak burger with American cheese, red onion, gherkins and dijonnaise on seeded brioche) served with a truffled hot cheese sauce to pour all over it at the table. Okay, that still sounds like a wonderful mess. What else should you expect with your wild songs? This:
- The Mac Daddy: double-brisket and dry-aged steak burger, topped with pulled short rib of beef, mac & cheese, and espresso-spiked BBQ sauce
- Crispy Fried Chicken: their signature blend of buttermilk and spices served with creamy garlic ranch dipping sauce
- Chicken & Waffles: Crispy fried chicken served on a freshly baked waffle with a shot of maple syrup
- Cheeseburger Dumplings: House-made gyoza dumplings stuffed with burger mince and melted cheese, served with signature burger sauce
- Southern Fried Donut: Chicken fried donut with Franksâ hot sauce, maple syrup and ranch dressing
There’ll also be new lager-based cocktails (served in a signature ‘lager can’), along with their usual cocktail classics with a twist. We like the sound of their Dirty Mary (Ketel One vodka, tomato, lemon and pickle juices, hot sauce, signature spices and a Sour Cream & Onion Pringle rim). We’ll be over here humming Missy Elliott until it opens.
More about Dirty Bones Carnaby
Where is it? 8 Kingly Ct, London W1B 5PP
When does it open? 4 October 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners