In these unpredictable times for international travel comes the heartening news that Brindisa, London’s beloved Spanish tapas emporium, is opening a new outlet and the lucky locale is Richmond. If you fancy avoiding the queues at Heathrow, then you can soon find Spain in London’s southwest for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
With seating for 150 inside and 60 on the terrace with Thames views, it sounds like an ideal venue for larger group or family occasions. There’s also a Bodega Room which is pitched at epicureans and filled with a range of specially curated Spanish cheeses, Ibérico hams and single-estate rare wines.
This will be the sixth Brindisa and the first outside of London’s city centre.
You can expect an eco-conscious sensibility: tables made from upcycled cheese-factory shelving are a good example. There’ll be an open kitchen with counter seating as well as intimate booths and a ‘conservatory-style’ dining area.
Here are some Brindisa favourites to whet your appetite:
- Chorizo de Leon Patatas: chargrilled Leon chorizo, pan-fried baby potatoes, shallots, thyme, watercress
- Solomillo Iberico: Paprika-marinated Iberican pork tenderloin fillet, roasted peppers, ajillo
- Arroz Negro: Squid ink black rice and alioli
- Sepia Con Garbanzos Picantes: Griddled Scottish cuttlefish, single estate heirloom Lechoso chickpeas, spicy tomato sauce
- Flor de Calabacin Rellena: Fried courgette flower stuffed with Monte Enebro goat’s cheese, orange blossom, honey, thyme
If your Spanish holiday is cancelled, then you know the place to drown your sorrows with a drop of Amontillado Callejuela.
More about Tapas Brindisa Richmond
Where is it? Hotham House, 1 Heron Square, Richmond, London TW9 1EJ
When? 8 October 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners