If there's one thing we know makes 2020 better, it's baked goods. So news of a three-month cookie popup in Covent Garden is already making up happy.
Floozie Cookie is a passion project by pastry chef Kimberly Lin who's worked everywhere from Claridge’s and The Savoy to Dominique Ansel Bakery. "The way you hold a cookie before that first bite, the variety of texture, the temperature, it can bring such joy,” explains Lin. Her James Street bakery will serve up vegan stuffed cookies in five flavours and a seasonally changing sixth option.
- Cinnamon Crunch - cookie dough coated with crispy cinnamon crunch stuffed with speculoos cream
- Chocolate Chunk - milk and dark chocolate cookie stuffed with a soft dark chocolate ganache
- Celebration Cake - vanilla cookie stuffed with homemade raspberry jam and coated in sprinkles
- Pecan Pie - butterscotch cookie studded with toasted pecans stuffed with soft date caramel
- PB&J - gluten-free peanut butter cookie stuffed with homemade raspberry jam
You'll also be able to order a range of plant-based milks and hot chocolate at the bakery - or by delivery (the cookies are on Deliveroo and can be shipped nationwide).
More about Floozie Cookie
Where is it? 5 James Street, London WC2E 8BH
When? 5 December 2020
Launch offer: Sign up on Lin's website as she's giving 500 cookies away on the launch day.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners