So after much nail-biting - we have confirmation, London will be in tier two from Wednesday 2 December.
So what does that mean? Well, it's this:
- The rule of six remains - so bookings of up to six people only
...unless you're eating with your household or bubble
- All pubs and bars will have to serve a "substantial meal" with any bookings
- Table service only
- You can only dine inside with members of your household or bubble
...unless you're self-employed or a freelancer and are having a business lunch or dinner.
- However, you can dine outside with people from other households..
- Plus, the 10pm curfew has been changed so you now have till 11pm to finish your meal (although you can't order anything after 10pm and have to leave once you've finished eating).
So many restaurants will be breathing a sigh of relief about escaping tier three. It's not ideal for sure - but it could have been a lot worse.
It does mean that our winter alfresco guide is now essential reading, though.
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners