Not happy with already boasting Borough Market and Flat Iron Square, London Bridge is getting a whole new eating, drinking, shopping and art space. This time it's the turn of Vinegar Yard - and it comes from the people behind the nearby and aforementioned Flat Iron Square.
The space is a combination of street food, bars, container pop-up shops and there's a big old garden area for eating and drinking too.
As for the food line-up - here's who will be there from the beginning:
- Coffee from The Gentlemen Baristas - they're a permanent resident and will also have indoor seating and will be serving up drinks including everything from long blacks to lattes as well as barbequed breakfast baps and a brunch and lunch menu
- Naanwiches, pachos and Indian-inspired burgers from Million Pound Menu stars Baba G’s
- Argentinian-inspired flame-grilled steak from Up In My Grill
- Gravy-dipped burgers and croquettes from Nanny Bill’s
- Ciabattas filled with Italian meat and vegetable-based sauces from Sugo
- And finally, freshly prepared risottos and juices from the veg-led Turnips
And alongside all that food will be a collection of pop-up shops - with a big focus on vintage ephemera - as well as the florist Chez Michele. And there will be a vintage flea market at the weekends too.
For drinks, there will be an open-air bar with local and rotating beers on tap and there will be a big indoor space for eating and drinking too. Because often the weather doesn't want to play nice. All that and a big train carriage installation with art curated by Benj Scrimgeour, founder of Flat Iron Square.
More about Vinegar yard
Where is it? Vinegar Yard, St Thomas Street, London Bridge, London SE1 3QU
When does it open? Fully opens 3 April 2019 (with a soft part-launch from 22 March)
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners