This bad boy is the steak and eggs - just one of the epic dishes hitting London's burgeoning brunch scene when Seamus Mullen launches his new brunch at the Mondrian this weekend. The menu wil be split into three main sections:
From Our Bakery
- Blueberry pancakes stack with preserved lemon butter and maple syrup
- Buttermilk waffles with vanilla ice cream, streaky bacon and maple syrup
For the table
- Seafood Platter - oysters, marinated bass, crab salad, scallops, poached sweet shrimp, classic cocktail sauce and mignonette
- Burrata with radishes, fresh herbs, charred country sourdough, almond romesco vinaigrette
- Flat Iron Steak grilled over hardwood with two fried eggs, eggplant and tomato chimichurri, escarole
- Kale Caesar with Boquerones, Manchego cheese, coddled eggs, chilies, walnuts and anchovy vinaigrette
It wouldn't be a weekend brunch without a decent drinks menu and the brunch cocktails from Ryan Chetiyawardana, creator of the Dandelyan botanical cocktail bar at Mondrian London sound suitably top line too. If you fancy going down the juice route how about spirulina, spinach, banana, maple, apple or coconut pulp with almond butter, bitter chocolate and avocado?
The brunch menu launches on 18 April 2015 and will be available every Saturday and Sunday at Sea Containers at The Mondrian London, 20 Upper Ground, London SE1 9PD from 12pm-5pm.