He became big on both Instagram and Tiktok over the pandemic years with "food you want to eat" as his main byline. Now Thomas Straker is ready to launch his own restaurant, Straker's, in Notting Hill.
If you're unfamiliar with Straker, he's previously worked at The Dorchester, Heston Blumenthal’s Dinner and Elystan Street, and his TikTok feed is a particularly good primer in what to expect.
At his new restaurant, the menu will centre around sustainability and seasonality, working specifically with small-scale suppliers, and you'll find a menu that's a mix of small and sharing plates.
Here's a taster on what to expect:
- Grilled flatbread topped with Vesuvio tomatoes and anchovy,
- Small plates are Gnocco fritto with guanciale or clams with nduja and basil
- Pasta dishes include - potato gnocchi with burnt butter, lemon and parmesan fresh crab ravioli
- Whole grilled seabass with white peach, green beans and almonds
- Slow-cooked lamb shoulder, broad beans and salsa verde
Straker has teamed up with Alex at The Modest Merchant for the wine list which will feature small, low intervention wineries from France, Italy and Spain. There's also a small cocktail list featuring a Negroni made with house vermouth and a clarified margarita.
As for the space itself, the restaurant takes over what used to be Zayane. It's a small space, seating about 40 and will have a few counter seats by the open kitchen at the back
More about Straker's
Where is it? 91 Golborne Rd, London W10 5PR
When does it open? June 2022
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners