If you fancy trying some amazing West African-inspired food, then chef Lawrence Gomez thinks he has what you're looking for. Gomez's pop-up, PAPA L's Kitchen, is coming to Chelsea for five weekends. He's taken over The Gojk Restaurant and Lounge, where the aim is to "take modern British food and the classical dining experience and infuse them with high quality, fresh West African flavours".
Gomez has previously worked at The Ivy West St, Sexy Fish and Scotts and has popped up before with PAPA L's, which has a single tasting menu:
- Sweet potato croquette with rocoto sauce and lime
- Grilled cornfed chicken with avocado & baby gem salad and mango dressing
- PAPA L’s Grilled king tiger prawns
- Grilled Asparagus with herb vinaigrette
- Honey glazed salmon supreme with Kenyan green beans and ginger, chilli, lime, soy and sesame dressing
- BBQ Lamb cutlets with Ma’s Benachin rice
- Fillet of bass with black eye bean salsa, basil dressing and plantain crisp
- PAPA-LOVA with strawberries, Chantilly cream and fruit coulis
On top of that - there's a full vegan version of that menu - with dishes including "Baby spinach and avocado salad with honey and mustard vinaigrette" and "Tempura Okra with lemon and homemade chilli salt".
More about Papa L's
Where is it? 275 Old Brompton Rd, Earl's Court, London SW5 9JA
When does it run? From 28 August for five weeks
How to book: Book here
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners