The way to any London foodie's heart is through their stomach, so if you're gift shopping for Valentine's Day, may we suggest these rather delicious presents? And of course, if you're looking for something to pop open on the day, a bottle of Prosecco DOC Rosé would work very nicely...
I heart you
1. Paxton's Valentine’s Cheese Collection (£25) features heart-shaped cheeses - a Coeur de Neufchâtel PDO plus a Coeur de Pic - and a jar of White Fig Confit, Charcoal Crackers and a white, ceramic heart-shaped dish.
2. The You & Me bundle from Paul bakery (£19.95) includes mini heart-shaped Valentine’s Fraisier and Valentine’s Craquant cakes, plus a box of 12 Mini Macarons.
3. La Tua's limited edition boxes (from £46) for Valentine's with heart-shaped pasta stuffed with tomato and mozzarella or black truffle and ricotta. There's also a bake at home focaccia with olive tapenade as well as a little sweet treat of Italian chocolates along with two heart-shaped Italian linen placemats.
Loved (and boozed) up
1. Been fancying someone from socially distanced afar? Send them the Lyaness Secret Admirer hamper (£25) which includes a Peach Emoji Cobbler cocktail, card, special Lyaness blended tea and a party popper.
2. This rosy hued hamper (£55) for Valentine's Day features Prosecco DOC Rosé with all the treats and nibbles you'd need for two to share. All you need to provide is the romance.
3. Left it late? Order fizz delivered from London restaurant group Searcy's. Delivery of their Valentine's champagne can be made in 48 hours and it comes in a rather attractive gift box.
1. Your other half a candy lover? Get a sweet jar (£10) from Candy Kittens with a personalised message on it, filled to the brim with vegan sweets like their Wild Strawberry, Sour Watermelon or Tropical Mango,
2. Nip down to your local Gail's for their Valentine's special of Hot Lips Biscuits (£1.90), made with dark cocoa powder and icing using natural colouring from purple carrots (or get them delivered). On sale from 28 January.
3. Brazilian confectioner Katia Hickmann has a box of Valentine's Day brigadeiros which come with a gorgeous bouquet of seasonal British flowers. (£55). Perfect for those who love all things sugary and floral.
Prosecco DOC Rose has arrived in the UK, making this the first Valentine's Day when you can enjoy your favourite sparkling wine in a romantic pink hue with notes of cherry blossom, wild berries, strawberries and roses. Find out more.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners