A lot's been happening over the past few weeks, so it's time to get you all up to speed with the latest on London's upcoming restaurants. And there are a lot of newcomers.
Things are changing all the time. We update the page on a regular basis (sometime several times a day) with new (and shifting) dates, new restaurants, soft launch details and loads more.
This is our regular round-up, to make sure you're all aware of the latest updates.
Things have been a little on the quiet side with regards to new openings - although there was one very high profile opening just this past week...
- London House - This is Gordon Ramsay's latest London restaurant, this time in Battersea. We're hearing lots of good things about chef Anna Haugh-Kelly - expect reviews to start appearing in the next couple of weeks.
- Karam Sethi (also behind Gymkhana) has just reopened Trishna, after a big revamp.
See more of all of these in our New Restaurants page.
Things are starting to hot up a little in the next few weeks. We're currently listing 15 new restaurants down to open in February - and we think there may be a couple more to announce soon (we had a few very late announcements this week). New additions include:
- Lobster House is a new seafood restaurant opening on Monday in Wandsworth
- The restaurant at Andre Balasz' Marylebone restaurant was finally anounced as Firehouse, with the big surprise being that Nuno Mendes is heading up the Kitchen. That opens very soon on February 16th.
- Taking the spot of the closed Wallace and Co in Putney will be a new Italian called Bibo, opening in March.
- And also opening during March in Putney is a new restaurant with Portuguese influences, Hide and Seed.
- The Mandarin Oriental is opening a new tea room and champagne bar called The Rosebery, in April.
- Three Michelin starred chef is bringing his street food restaurant DiverXo to London in
- Rome's Assunta Madre is coming to London this month.
- The butcher's/cook shop concept Hill and Szrok is coming to Broadway Market in March.
- Strand Dining Rooms is taking up a huge space on Trafalgar Square in May.
New dates and updates - we've updated a few restaurants with opening dates and more:
- Russell Norman's spending time getting Polpetto just right, but we've been told that next week is looking very good for their opening.
- The bar of the Brindisa Food Rooms in Brixton has been confirmed as opening on the 20th February - with a soft launch offer for the first day.
- One Kensington announced their chef, Massimiliano Blasone, who used to be at Apsleys who's joined by Sanjay Gour as Executive pastry chef, and has come from Murano.
- We updated the list with full details about the new 8 Hoxton Sqaure, from the people behind 10 Greek Street.
- Roka Mayfair is confirmed as opening on February 17th.
- Tommi's Burger Joint on the King's Road was pushed back slightly - they're aiming for a mid February opening now.
- Stevie Parle's Dalston restaurant is likely to open in March, but we hear that the final details may change significantly from what's already been announced.
- Villiers Coffee Company and Dining Room is now due to open at the end of March.
- The Shangri La at the Shard and its bizarrely named bars and restaurants (Lang, Gong and Ting) has finally been confirmed as opening on May 6th.
To see all these and more, check out our Upcoming London Restaurants page.