After a successful takeover of Plum and Spilt Milk in King's Cross in 2013, Mark Sargeant is hoping to work his magic on another overhaul. He's taken over as Chef Director of The Strand Dining Rooms, with his first menu hitting on 3 April (Good Friday).
The new menu is the Great British menu and, as you might expect, is based around classic British dishes. So expect:
- 1kg ’28-day aged Angus Porterhouse steak, served with beer-battered onions & chips (for two to share)
- Whole roast British wood pigeon
- Poached Loch Duart salmon with green sauce & mimosa garnish
- The Strand Fish Pie
- Whole roast onion squash, curly kale, poached egg & hollandaise
- Rhubarb crumble with clotted cream
- Lemon cheesecake with Earl Grey prunes
The menu is launched on 3 April for lunch, and expect a weekly changing set lunch and theatre menus too.