A new all-day restaurant is coming to Fulham. Eelbrook (named after its location on Eel Brook Common).
Chef Brett Barnes will be putting together a menu that mixes British ingredients with European and North African influences.
What you need to know about Eelbrook.
The chef has an impressive CV under his belt. Brett Barnes has previously worked at Duck Soup, Arbutus, Hix and Sweden's Fäviken (currently number 19 on the World's Best Restaurants list). Plus his sous chef Aidan Brooks trained in Spain under chefs that included Carles Abellan of Barcelona's Comerç 24.
The menu is based around British/European small plates. Specifically, it will feature "British ingredients with European and North African influences. Some of the dishes on the menu include:
- Salt cod brandade with seaweed bread
- Pork cheek croquettes with burnt onion sauce
- Clams, cockles, chorizo & fino & aioli grilled with tomato & dry sherry
- Cod confit with crab, courgette flowers & crab sauce
- Grilled salt marsh lamb rump served on fresh coco beans & sauce vierge
- Ricotta & nettle gnudi, with peas, broad beans & marjoram
- Summer berry gratin champagne sabayon with pink peppercorn biscuit
Alongside those, they'll have sharing dishes - 900g grilled rib steak, whole salt baked brill and plateau de fruits de mer.
It's being designed by the person behind Wagamama, Hakkasan and Yauatcha. Plus it'll have an alfresco space with a covered, heated terrace too.
Where is it? Eel Brook Common, New King’s Road, Fulham, London, SW6 4SE
And when does it open? It opens fully on July 28. Plus, there's a soft launch on 23rd - 24th July with 50% off food - and there will be 10% off food for the whole of August too. You can book on 020 3417 0287.
For more information, follow them on Twitter @EelbrookTweets