They have a couple of cafes across London - at Lavender Hill and Crane's Kitchen in Peckham - and now Social Pantry are coming to Chelsea Harbour for their first full-blown restaurant.
They're teaming up with the Design Centre there, and will be setting up shop in what used to be the Dome Café. As with their other cafés, they'll source from a small group of curated farmers, suppliers, and producers with a focus on sustainable farming, eating and zero waste and the restaurant will reuse potential waste from their other cafes too.
The menus will be highly seasonal as a result and, described as having British and Mediterranean influences, include:
- Torched Mackerel Caesar, Red Gem, Parmesan Crisp
- Nori, Sea Herbs, Zero Waste Croutons
- Cornish Hake, Braised Gem, Crushed Potato, Roe Butter Sauce
- Cracked Farro, Shaved and Roasted Broccoli, Radish, Baby Cucumber and Mint Salad
- Lemon Posset, Pistachio Sponge Cake, Homemade Honeycomb Ice Cream
- Forced Rhubarb and Hibiscus Custard Tart
On top of that, they're a supporter of Key4Life, a young ex-offenders charity and aim to help rehabilitate ex-offenders by giving them mentoring, hospitality training and job opportunities. All of which sounds pretty admirable to us.
More about Design Restaurant
Where is it? Design Avenue, Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour, Lots Road, London SW10 0XE
When does it open? 14 March 2022
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners