There may be a pandemic on, but there's still plenty of room for awards season. While Michelin is delayed until next year, The AA has announced this year's new rosettes (with a virtual ceremony, of course).
The rosettes run from one to five - with the latter being particularly rare. With that in mind, here's who got an award this year (just focusing on London and on the top tiers):
- Muse (Belgravia) - Tom Aikens' counter dining
- The Ritz (Mayfair) - John Williams leads the classic hotel restaurant
- 110 de Taillevant (Marylebone) - French dining (and lots of wine)
- The Betterment (Mayfair) - Jason Atherton's latest
- Davies & Brook (Mayfair) - Daniel Humm in Claridge's
- The Dysart Petersham (Richmond) - Kenneth Culhane's west London restaurant
- Hide (Mayfair) - by Ollie Dabbous
- Frenchie (Covent Garden) - Parisian export
- The Northall (St James) - Andre Garrett's home at The Corinthia
- Trivet (Bermondsey) - Jonny Lake and Isa Bal's restaurant
That's definitely a good result for Tom Aikens, who gets four rosettes after less than a year after opening. There are no new restaurants with five rosettes this year, alas!
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners