Many restaurants across London are keen to help raise money to support those affected by the catastrophic Australian fires, from wildlife charities to disaster relief.
Instagrammers Felicity Spector and Clerkenwell Boy have been hard at work helping us collate a list of the events and efforts for Hot Dinners and if you're interested, he’s organising ways for restaurants to get involved.
Here's what we know about so far. We will update this list as more come in.
- The Bedford in Balham is holding an all-Aussie pub quiz at 7pm on Friday 24th January. Tickets are £25, including food and drink and £10 from every ticket will be donated to the Australian Red Cross.
- Bone Daddies are donating £1 from each January Vegan special sold.
- Brawn are re-opening for Sunday lunch service for one day only - 26 January. All proceeds going to selected Bushfire relief funds. £45 for a set lunch menu, with an Aussie slant. Wines from all over the region on special prices. The staff are working for free - call on 0207 729 5692 for bookings.
- Bright is holding an event on 10 February. It’s likely to be a dinner with some well known East London chefs, that will each cook a course for the evening. They're also planning a raffle/silent auction -and are looking for auction donations right now.
- Callooh Callay is throwing a bash on 19 January from 5pm till late - with 100% of top line sales going up the bush fires charity. They’ve got enough room for 200 guests so come on down - and they’re asking anyone who’s got a great raffle prize they could donate to contact them at email@example.com
- The Canton Arms are donating £5 for every customer dining with us that day to the New South Wales Fire & Rescue service
- Coqfighter are dedicating their very lavish January special fried chicken bun to the cause too - they’ll donate £2 from each one sold. .
- Caravan Bankside is holding a night of comedy, music and spoken word to raise money for the fires appeal on Sunday 19 January - tickets are £15 on eventbrite
- Crosstown are donating a portion of sales of their Australia Day doughnuts to the WIRES charity on Australia Day weekend.
- Daisy Green is holding a special eight-course dinner on 25 January, with all profits going to the cause - they’ll also be donating £2 from every chicken parmigiana sold, £1 from glass, £5 from every bottle of Australian wine, and 50p from each Lamington throughout the month of January.
- Dandy will sell by the glass wines with a £1 donation from each
- Darwin & Wallace will be donating 100% of the profits from every Vegan Butternut Squash Falafels sold this month to Red Cross Australia.
- District will give a 20p donation for every flat white sold in the month of Jan and the staff are donating 100% of their tips too.
- Flor and Lyle's will list and promote Australian wines by the glass ... and each glass will have a £1 donation
- Granger and Co is donating £1 from each portion of hotcakes they sell in January - their most popular dish.
- Ham restaurant in Hampstead are, In the coming weeks, adding wines from the Adelaide Hills region of South Australia which was devastated, to their wine list. £1 from every glass and £5 from every bottle sold will go towards the Adelaide Hills Wine Regions’ Go Fund Me Page. And on Australia Day itself (26 January) there will be a three course Aussie set menu for £25, of which 100% of revenue will go directly to the Australian Red Cross.
- Hawksmoor will ask for voluntary donations from guests on Jan 26 and will match every donation themselves
- Jason Atherton's The Blind Pig is donating £1 of every Lyre's non-alcoholic Non Island Ice tea cocktail sold to Wires Wild Life Rescue,
- The Laughing Heart will donate £1 from every glass and £5 from every bottle of Australian wine sold - plus all proceeds from their sausage rolls and £1 from every bill.
- London in the Sky
- Lily Vanilli is organising a big bake sale at her Columbia Road bakery on 26 January with lots of top bakeries involved - including Happy Endings.
- Milk Beach Cafe is donating 30p from every flat white sold in Jan, plus holding a special fundraising day on 25th with £1 from every dish and glass of wine going to relief efforts. Plus there are two Australian wine tasting nights too on 16th and 29th Jan.
- My Pie are donating a pound per pie on 9 January to the appeal from their Broadgate location and urging customers to chip in a bit extra too
- The new Oklava Bakery by Selin Kiazim will donate £1 from every pide which they sell from the day they open on 21 Jan till the end of Feb.
- Yotam Ottolenghi and his pastry chef Helen Goh are having a Lamington drive in all shops with 100% of the funds going to the fires fund. And they’re releasing the recipe too so people can hold fundraising bake sales at work.
- Pacific will be hosting a fundraising Australian barbecue-style brunch and charity auction on Australia Day, 26 January 2020 for the NSW fire service. Tickets are £50. They'll also be adding £2 to every bill throughout January and February for the NSW fire service.
- PAUL UK will be donating 100% of revenue from sales of all hot drinks on Friday 24 January to the Australia Bushfire appeal. All proceeds will go to WIRES Australian Wildlife Rescue Organisation
- Pidgin is putting on a dinner on 27 January to raise money for the Australian bushfire relief effort. It's £55 a head, with profits going to the Red Cross
- Portland and Graft Wine Company are hosting a Vinteloper wine dinner on 28 January. Tickets are £195, with all proceeds going to the Adelaide Hills Wine Region Fire Appeal.
- Pressure Drop brewery are holding a party with a sausage sizzle and bake sale, competitions and more on 25 January.
- Skylight at Tobacco Dock is holding a fundraising event 'Aussies In London' on Australia Day, Sunday 26 January. Originally a ticketed it's now free for Aussies and Londoners alike to come together and support the fire fighting and rescue efforts against the devastating fires in Australia.
- The Sun Tavern is teaming up with Aussie brand Four Pillars for a special cocktail event on Sunday 26th, they’ll donate £1 from each cocktail which will be matched in funds by Four Pillars. Tickets here.
- Wander restaurant in Stoke Newington is holding special dinners over Australia Day weekend from 24-26 January - tickets are selling fast but go to their website for more details.
It's already amazing what has been achieved. Quality Wines' Gus Gluck's Australian wine auction which has had amazingly generous donations from the wine industry, has already raised a whopping £30,946!!
There's also an Australia Day bushfire fundraiser being held at the Off Piste club in Canary Wharf on 25 Jan.
For more ways on how you can donate directly to the relief, this Business Insider Australia article is very helpful. If you're holding an event and want to us to feature on this page, contact us here.
Photos: NSW Rural Fire Service
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners