What: Smokey Kudu and Curious Kudu
In a nutshell: Peckham's Kudu team are expanding with two new neighbourhood spots
Summing it all up: The team behind popular Peckham venue Kudu are opening a new tapas restaurant and cocktail bar, both on the same road as the original.
Two years after they opened their neighbourhood restaurant Kudu to critical acclaim, Amy Corbin and Patrick Williams are expanding with two new neighbourhood sites in 2020.
First up, and already open is Smokey Kudu. That's "a chic cocktail bar", opened in the arches by Queens Road station. Featuring a central horseshoe bar, green velvet booths and red marble-topped tables there's room for 37. Snacks to start are simply biltong, olives and nuts. As for the drinks list, they launched with 12 cocktails including:
- Brai negroni - with Mezcal and Rooibos
- Joburg - made with South-African gin and vermouth along with Tio Pepe
- Zulu Espress - with espresso, vodka, amarula and cacao
In September, Curious Kudu will open its doors right next door to Kudu. That's planned to be a no-reservations tapas restaurant and wine bar with an open kitchen and room for just over 30 diners. In the kitchen is Eloise Dawes, who comes here via Bethnal Green's Paradise Garage. On her menu you'll find dishes like:
- Potato flatbreads with smoked fresh curd or smoked mackerel mousse
- Whole braai fish with homemade roti and market greens
- Lamb belly with panko crumbs and glazed onions
- Cockles, ember oil, broth, sea greens
We'll have more news Curious Kudu closer to the opening date.
More about Smokey Kudu and Curious Kudu
Where is it? 133 Queens Road, SE15 2ND (Smokey Kudu) and 117 Queens Road, SE15 2EZ (Curious Kudu)
When does it open? Smokey Kudu is open now, Curious Kudu in September 2020
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @kuducollective.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners