We'll be honest with you, it's been over a year since we first announced details of Mercato Mayfair - the second market from the folk behind Mercato Metropolitano. Since then things had gone so quiet that we honestly thought the deal had fallen through. But it turns out they've just been working quietly on their makeover of the Grade I listed St Mark's (just off Oxford Street) into a swanky new food hall. And it all opened very under the radar last week.
Although it might sound Italian, the food and drink at Mercato Mayfair will come from all over the world – with bao buns, sushi, pizza, pasta, kebabs and more. They're hot on sustainability too with single-use plastic and industrial or highly processed products all banned.
The space is split across four floors. In the basement there's a wine bar and micro-brewery. On the ground floor you'll find two bars on the altar along with traders selling pasta, gelato, sushi and pizza and an affordable grocery store selling seasonal produce. In the gallery there are more restaurants and up on the rooftop there's an outside terrace.
Here's a list of all the traders:
- Fresco: Neapolitan pizza
- Badiani: Coffee and gelato
- Pasta London: handmade pasta
- Rawbar Mayfair: Sushi and poke bowls
- Jim and Tonic: Gin cocktails
- German Kraft Brewery: Kraft beer
- MM Grocery: grocery and wine
- Olive Jennings: handmade furniture and homeware
- Steamy & Co: Bao & dumplings
- Molo: Seafood buns and robata
- Lala: Turkish cuisine
- Cha Cha Mayfair: Cocktails and seafood
- The Restaurant
- Santo Grill and Wine: Italian steakhouse
- Wine bar
- Cheese and charcuterie
- Wine cellar
- German Kraft and Jim & Tonic: Beer and cocktails
More about Mercato Mayfair
Where is it? St Mark's, North Audley Street, London W1K 6ZA
When does it open? Open now.
Find out more: Visit the Mercato Metropolitano website.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners