Looks like Hackney and Highgate are your best London neighbourhoods for boozers with particularly good grub. That's the verdict anyway of the Top 50 Gastropub list (put together by the Morning Advertiser and Estrella). Both boroughs have top pubs each among the 10 London pubs on the list published this week.
The London pubs are as follows:
- 7. Harwood Arms, Fulham
- 11. The Marksman, Hackney (new)
- 19. Anchor and Hope, Waterloo
- 20 The Red Lion & Sun, Highgate
- 21. The Bull & Last, Highgate
- 23. The Jugged Hare, Barbican
- 32. The Empress, Victoria Park (new)
- 38. Canton Arms, Stockwell
- 43. Parlour, Kensal Green
- 47. The Truscott Arms, Maida Vale
No 1 was The Sportsman in Seasalter, Kent which claimed the top slot for the second year in a row. You can see the full list here.