[Updated 12/3/13 with more auction details]
We're always impressed with the events that Action Against Hunger come up with, but their latest one, Auction against Hunger is going to take some beating.
It's the brainchild of Ben Maschler (son of Fay and co-owner of Islington's Drapers Arms) and Soho House's Nick Jones.
"We are organising an auction of prizes from the restaurant world to raise money for Action Against Hunger," Ben told Hot Dinners. "Nick Jones and I will be hosting a party/event on the roof of Shoreditch House on May 7th where we will be auctioning prizes from Britian's top chefs & restaurants.
"Nick and I feel very fortunate to have worked in an industry that essentially revolves around feeding people. Sadly, not everyone in the world is able to enjoy the same luxuries as we do and this is a great opportunity for us to help a charity that are doing incredible work around the world saving the lives of malnourished children."
That alone should be reason for you to start putting money aside for the big event - but you haven't heard who's involved yet. So far, they've secured the help of Jeremy Lee, Mark Hix, Richard Corrigan, Brett Graham, MeatLiquor, Burger & Lobster, Jeremy King (Rex group), Salt Yard, Fino, Riding House Cafe, Sipsmith, Groucho Club, Caprice Holdings, Paul Young, Soho House, John Salt, Hawksmoor, John Salt, Polpo, Byron & The Waterside Inn.
As for the lots themselves - well, put it this way, you'll have to get your winning bids past us. Confirmed ones so far include:
- Neil Rankin (John Salt) who'll come to your house or place of work and cook the ultimate summer barbecue for 15 people. As well as cooking a range of seafood, rib roasts & pork ribs for your guests he will teach you some of the secrets of barbecue cooking.
- An exclusive behind the scenes experience at Michelin-starred Alyn Williams at The Westbury, with a table for four set up in the kitchen during the buzz and drama of service and a bespoke seven-course tasting menu.
- Salmon Fishing in Ireland with Mark Hix. You will be fishing on the beautiful Blackwater and staying at Ballyvolane House (pictured above), one of Ireland's most beautiful places to stay.
- The chance to dine with critic Jay Rayner while he reviews a restaurant
- A day and a night at the Waterside Inn. Spend the day in the kitchen with Alain Roux learning from one of the greats. The enjoy a dinner at the three star Waterside Inn followed by a night at the hotel.
- Shopping and cooking with Jeremy Lee. Spend the morning shopping at Maltby Street market with, possibly, Britain's most loveable chef, then take your purchases and Jeremy back to your place to cook for up to eight guests.
- Shooting with The Ledbury's Brett Graham. Get up early in the morning to go deer stalking in Hampshire with Brett Graham. This will be followed by a masterclass in venison butchery and preparation then lunch at The Pot Kiln in Berkshire.
- Summer party catered by Byron. Byron will bring their burger van to your house and cater for a party of up to fifty people. Beer will be included.
- Burgers and cocktails for twenty people at MEATliquor - "the people at MEATliquor are fantastically generous so this should be quite a party".
- A decadent supper for you and eight guests cooked by Michelin-starred Angela Hartnett in your home
- A seven course beef tasting menu at Hawksmoor Guildhall for ten people, with wine included.
More details have just emerged about the auction evening itself at Shoreditch House. There'll be both a live and silent auction, champagne reception courtesy of Champagne Taittinger, food courtesy of Dirty Burger and Chicken Shop among others, a raffle and live music. A few tickets will be available to the general public at £75 a pop - to register your interest in buying tickets go to email@example.com and follow them on Twitter at @auctionhunger