In a nutshell: Middle Eastern fine dining
Summing it all up:Fresh from Dubai comes Ruya and chef Colin Clague, bringing some of the region’s finest traditional food given a contemporary, sophisticated twist that's well suited to the restaurant’s ritzy location.
From Dubai to London comes Ruya, a new fine dining restaurant that’ll be opening in The Grosvenor. At the helm will be chef Colin Clague, who’s already gained experience in Dubai at top restaurants like Jean Georges, and Ruya Dubai. If the London branch is exactly the same as Dubai, the folk behind it are also the partners behind Coya, Zuma and Nusr-et of Salt Bae fame.
We’ve been told to expect “sophisticated, contemporary dishes from the various Anatolian regions’, and having a quick peek at the restaurant’s Dubai menu, here’s the sort of thing we think you can expect to see arriving on our shores in the next few months.
- Midye Dolma - rice-stuffed mussels with breadcrumbs & herbs
- Icli Köfte - fried bulgur stuffed with roasted duck & barberries
- Kuymak - cornmeal & cheese fondue, wild mushrooms & truffle
- Clay Pot Lamb Shank with baby onions & homemade red and pepper paste
- Rangers Valley Day Grain Fed Beef 300g with asparagus & Antep pistachio butter
We’re also anticipating a few classic Middle Eastern mainstays, like kebabs, lahmacun with spicy lamb, vegetables and herbs or pide cooked with fennel. Fingers crossed that there’ll also be a chance to try the chef’s personal favourite dish, levrek - sashimi seabass with mustard, lemon & shaved radish.
More about Ruya
Where is it? 30 Upper Grosvenor Street, London W1K 7PH
When does it open? Spring 2018
Find out more: Visit Ruya Dubai’s website